Best Online Lottery Sites
THE INS AND OUTS: ONLINE LOTTERY
Are Online Lottery Sites Legit?
Yes! Not only legit but in most US states (and Ontario), you can now buy all your favorite lotto tickets from the comfort of your couch.
But wait, there’s more: online lottery sites also offer an array of real money games. That means you can buy tickets for that upcoming Powerball jackpot R you can play a slew of online games including Match-Style, eInstants, or Virtual Instant Lottery games.
18 is Your Lucky Number
Unlike those pesky sportsbooks and online casinos, lottery sites allow you to join from 18 years old so you can get that Vegas fix with great games like Treetop Treasures, Queen of Diamonds, or Jungle Payout.
How to Sign Up
Best Types of Lottery Games
US lotteries are extremely popular in most states and there are plenty of games to consider. Each one is slightly varied with its own set of rules, but the general idea is the same; pick a set of numbers and match those with the randomly generated numbers to win big.
Learn more about classic lottery games:
- Mega Millions: aka The Lotto, Mega Millions is one of the most popular lotteries in the world. It is available in a total of 47 jurisdictions, and often awards multi-million jackpots. Top prizes have even exceeded $500 million at times when the jackpot gets rolled over enough times. Mega Millions tickets cost $2, and the lottery is played with two pools of numbers. For the jackpot, you have to match five numbers out of the first pool of 70, and another number out of the second pool of 25.
- Powerball: Powerball is another massive lottery run by the Multi-State Lottery Association throughout the United States. It is known for its record jackpots but most frequently makes people millionaires with prizes of one or two million. Powerball is very similar to Mega Millions when it comes to availability and ticket pricing. The main difference is that there are 69 balls in the first pool, and 26 in the second.
- Little Lotto: This is a smaller version of the bigger lotteries mentioned above. It is played with fewer numbers and gives players better odds of winning. The jackpots don’t range into the hundreds of millions but they can still be significant. You can also find more frequent draws, usually taking place every day for more excitement.
- Daily Lotteries: Although daily lotteries have much smaller jackpots, they can still award $175,000 to lucky players. These are available in most states, and are popular when it comes to online lotteries. You can pick which type of game you want, with three, four or five numbers and how you want to play. A straight pick requires the numbers to be drawn in a specific order. A box selection wins if the numbers match, regardless of the order drawn in.
- Instant Win Lotteries: Also known as instant scratch-offs or simply online scratch cards, these games have been around for decades. Unlike lotteries which use draws, players get the results on the spot when playing instant win lotteries. In most cases, you will have to scratch the opaque layer off the card to see if you match any icons for a prize. Some instant lotteries in the US can have prizes of up to $10 million.