The New England Patriots will return home to Foxboro for a Monday Night football matchup against the Chicago Bears. Both teams are trending in opposite directions as they enter week 7 with a 3-3 and 2-4 record respectively. Get prepped for the Monday Night showdown with this Bears at Patriots preview, with betting picks.
The Pats have won two straight and seem to have caught Zappe fever. The rookie 4th round pick has impressed in his two starts. On the other side, the Bears continue to struggle on offense after falling to 2-4 with a loss on Thursday Night Football.
Bears In Week 6
The Bears are coming off another tough offensive performance where they nearly won a 12-6 snoozer on Thursday night. Chicago only seems to move the ball when Justin Fields makes a big play with his legs, and their air attack continues to be limited. The lone bright spot this year has come from their defense, but even they can’t keep a high-powered offense quiet for 60 minutes.
Patriots In Week 6
Do we have a quarterback controversy in Foxboro? Bailey Zappe played a great game in Cleveland, throwing for over 300 yards and two touchdowns. The defense also shined, forcing turnovers from Jacoby Brissett, and only allowing 15 points. Considering Mac Jones is expected to be available on Monday night, it will be interesting to see who is the signal caller against the Bears.
On The Call
The game on Sunday will be televised nationally on ESPN, with kickoff set for 8:15 pm ET. Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, and sideline reporter Lisa Salters will be on the call. You can listen to the game locally on 98.5, The Sports Hub in Boston.
- A win on Sunday would give Bill Belichick sole possession over legendary Bears coach George Halas for the second-most wins in NFL history (325).
- The Patriots are 10-3 against Chicago in the regular season (All Time).
- Mac Jones will most likely be available on Monday night.
- Former first-round pick N’Keal Harry will make his return to Foxboro after being traded to Chicago in the preseason.
- Expect Bill to try and neutralize the Bears running attack and make Fields throw the ball downfield.
- Matthew Judon enters with a recorded sack in every game this season.
- Excitement is building around Tyquan Thornton after his two-touchdown performance last week.
- Lineman Deatrich Wise is already one sack away from setting a new career high (6)
- Nick Folk continues to be one of the best kickers in football. He is an absolute machine, even after missing his first kick within 50 yards in his last 64 (!!) attempts.
- New England has allowed just two rushing touchdowns all season. Given the Bears anemic pass offense, expect several field goals in the Red Zone.
- Bill Belichick looks to have killed the 2022 draft, which quiets the “Bill can’t draft” crowd, at least for now.
- Expect Rhamondre Stevenson to receive the bulk of the carries Monday night.
- If Chicago were smart, they’d utilize Fields athleticism more and design more QB runs.
Bears at Patriots Preview: Fantasy Tips
Rhamondre Stevenson: Considering Damian Harris status is questionable, expect Stevenson to continue to get the bulk of the carries. He’s a must-start in any league and will produce RB1 numbers with a few scoring chances at the goal line.
Patriots’ Defense: The potential for the Pats defense on Monday night is through the roof. If New England’s offense gets out to an early lead and forces Chicago to throw the ball, it will be turnover city for the Patriots secondary. A must-start in any league.
Justin Fields: You’ve got to believe Bill Belichick will make Fields pass the ball by taking away the running game. He’ll force him to go to the air by confusing him on offense. Expect a low-efficiency day with a few turnovers from the young signal caller Monday night.
David Montgomery: Considering Khalil Herbert has been getting more touches, expect that to cut into Montgomery’s overall potential for Monday’s game. The Patriots main objective on defense will be stopping the run and making Fields throw the ball downfield. Scoring chances by the goal line could also be hard to come by.
Bears at Patriots Betting Odds (Powered by Caesars Sportsbook)
- Moneyline: CHI: (+300) | NE: (-385)
- Spread: CHI: +7.5 (-106) | NE: -7.5 (-114)
- Total: 40 – Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Thomas Carrieri’s Sports Betting Picks
The Patriots should have a semi-easy win on Monday night. However, there isn’t much value in taking the money line due to the odds. Parlaying that pick with some other NFL bets is the best way to get value while still betting the Pats. The best bet for Monday, and my lock of the week is the Pats spread (-7.5).
I like the over in this game as well. However, most of the scoring will come from New England and I could also see this ending as a 24-10 game.
Bears at Patriots Preview Prediction: Patriots Win 31-10